SubjectRe: Hard lockups on

Answering to myself.

OAA> We have a problem with spontaneous (there is no relation with CPU
OAA> load, memory load, uptime) hard lockups on linux (no
OAA> additional patches) on SMP system (Intel E7230 ICH7 Montherboard). Num
OAA> Lock (Caps Lock - no matter) on keyboard is not responding. There is
OAA> no debug on console (no oops, no kernel panic, no NMI watchdog info
OAA> [but nmi_watchdog=1 and NMI in /proc/interrupts is OK]). All we see is
OAA> just previous console state (for example - login: prompt). We have the
OAA> same situation on another PC with abosolutely the some hardware and
OAA> software configuration. Could you give us some hints about how to
OAA> debug this situation? If you need some additional information about
OAA> our system, feel free to ask. I can post a lot of output (i.e. lspci,
OAA> dmesg, etc...) but i don't want to post any useless information.

Yesterday we added CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK and
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP to our kernel config.

After six hours of uptime we got the same lockup, but the kernel
became a little verbose:

BUG: spinlock lockup on CPU#1, swapper/0, e9bcb200

Nothing else. No call trace, no cpu registers dump. Just this
line. Any hints?