    SubjectRe: [uml-devel] User Mode Linux still doesn't build in 2.6.23-final.
    On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 04:20:06PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > > > if then that should be a separate renaming patch.
    > >
    > > Well you're asking for the ugly hacks for out of tree code. [...]
    > nice word-bending there. I'm asking for pre-existing annotations to
    > survive.

    What I'm objecting to is that you ask for this for your out of
    tree code without any justification on why exactly -- -pg should
    in theory work with -mregparms.

    It's standard policy to require very good reasons for changes
    that are only useful for out of tree code. People get flamed
    for this all the time so I'm doing this thankless job here too.

    Is it just because you didn't want to adapt the tracer for i386 regparm?
    (that would be an invalid reason in my opinion ;-)
    The correct fix would be to adapt the tracer then.

    Or is it because gcc miscompiles something on i386 with -mregparm -pg?
    (if yes that would be a valid reason, but it should be clearly stated)

      Last update: 2007-10-23 16:51    [W:0.032 / U:14.096 seconds]