    SubjectRe: Interaction between Xen and XFS: stray RW mappings
    On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 10:36:41AM +1000, David Chinner wrote:
    > > That doesn't mean it is correct.
    >
    > Right, but it also points to the fact that it's not causing problems
    > from 99.999% of ppl out there.

    So you're waiting for someone to take months to debug this again?

    > You mean like vmap() could record the pages passed to it in the area->pages
    > array,

    The page tables contain pointers to the pages anyways. vunmap() has to walk
    them. It would not be very difficult to store them in an array during
    the walk.

    > If we did this, it would probably be best to pass a page release function
    > into the vmap or vunmap call - we'd need page_cache_release() called on
    > the page rather than __free_page()....

    Possible. Normally vmalloc pages should not be in the LRU except yours
    so it would be probably fine to just change it.

    > The solution belongs behind the vmap/vunmap interface, not in XFS....

    You could also just keep the array from map time around yourself.
    Then you could do it yourself.

    -Andi

      Last update: 2007-10-23 11:31    [W:0.022 / U:60.048 seconds]