    Subjectsevere bug in 2.6.23+ kvm.git
    Hi list,

    we've experienced a severe bug in current kvm.git, that may have been
    introduced to the git tree quite recently around last weekend. 2.6.23
    is broken, 2.6.23-rc8 works for us. The symptom is, that our operon
    kvm test machine shredders its hard disk content to a state that is
    not correctably by the file system checker. We use raid1 md mirrored
    ext3 file systems on 4 sata hard disks on it, and we've verified
    correct operation of the hardware via badblocks and memtest86.
    The problem occurs even without kvm modules loaded, so the cause seems
    to be something that Avi pulled elsewhere. Did anyone else experience
    similar problems with the 2.6.23 based kvm tree? Does anyone have an
    idea about a possible cause, which would help us debugging it?

    thanks,
    Carsten

      Last update: 2007-10-19 13:27    [W:0.050 / U:118.460 seconds]