    SubjectRe: [bug] ata subsystem related crash with latest -git

    On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Mark Lord wrote:

    > Oh.. so this bug is supposed to only bite with DEBUG_PAGEALLOC=y ??

    Yeah, this particular one really should only bite you with
    DEBUG_PAGEALLOC.

    The SG code potentially _derefences_ a field past the end of the SG array,
    but it should be a read, and the result should never be used (it's used to
    calculate the pointer to past the end of the queue, so if it's used,
    there's another bug lurking).

    > Then something else is broken, perhaps. I just saw a long traceback
    > scroll off the top of the screen, with lots of bio_* functions in the
    > list and assumed it was the same bug.
    >
    > Mmm.. I'll get out the camera and try it again now..

    Please do. I wouldn't be surprised if it's also related to the SG changes,
    but I don't think it's the exact particular bug that Ingo saw.

    Linus

      Last update: 2007-10-18 06:23    [W:0.022 / U:0.048 seconds]