SubjectRe: [bug] ata subsystem related crash with latest -git
Mark Lord wrote:
> Linus Torvalds wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Mark Lord wrote:
>>> It would be good to have something soon-ish.
>>> This "dead at boot time" issue is impacting the general ability to test
>>> patches against latest -git in time for the current merge window.
>>
>> In the meantime, does the patch I sent out help people? I'd like to
>> get feedback, but I'm a lazy bum, and don't use DEBUG_PAGEALLOC
>> myself, so I was hoping that people who actually see this could
>> comment on my untested suggestion.
>
> Oh.. so this bug is supposed to only bite with DEBUG_PAGEALLOC=y ??
>
> Then something else is broken, perhaps. I just saw a long traceback
> scroll off the top of the screen, with lots of bio_* functions in the list
> and assumed it was the same bug.
>
> Mmm.. I'll get out the camera and try it again now..

Okay, mine is dying with EIP at blk_rq_map_sg+0xcb/0x160.

Screen photo is at http://rtr.ca/recent/2.6.23-git12-crash.jpg,
but the top was cut off (isn't there a new config option or patch
to do double-columns or scrollback or something ???.

Cheers

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans