    SubjectRe: [bug] ata subsystem related crash with latest -git
    Mark Lord wrote:
    > Linus Torvalds wrote:
    >> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Mark Lord wrote:
    >>> It would be good to have something soon-ish.
    >>> This "dead at boot time" issue is impacting the general ability to test
    >>> patches against latest -git in time for the current merge window.
    >> In the meantime, does the patch I sent out help people? I'd like to
    >> get feedback, but I'm a lazy bum, and don't use DEBUG_PAGEALLOC
    >> myself, so I was hoping that people who actually see this could
    >> comment on my untested suggestion.
    > Oh.. so this bug is supposed to only bite with DEBUG_PAGEALLOC=y ??
    > Then something else is broken, perhaps. I just saw a long traceback
    > scroll off the top of the screen, with lots of bio_* functions in the list
    > and assumed it was the same bug.
    > Mmm.. I'll get out the camera and try it again now..

    Okay, mine is dying with EIP at blk_rq_map_sg+0xcb/0x160.

    Screen photo is at,
    but the top was cut off (isn't there a new config option or patch
    to do double-columns or scrollback or something ???.

      Last update: 2007-10-18 06:21    [W:0.020 / U:157.112 seconds]