    SubjectRe: How Inactive may be much greather than cached?
    On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:27:00 +1000
    Nick Piggin <> wrote:

    > Some filesystems, including I believe, ext3 with data=ordered,
    > can leave orphaned pages around after they have been truncated
    > out of the pagecache. These pages get left on the LRU and vmscan
    > reclaims them pretty easily.

    How can the VM recognize those pages? Are they part of
    the buffer cache, part of the page cache, or different?

    I think it would make sense to at least try to rotate
    those pages to the end of the LRU so kswapd can get rid
    of them quickly.

      Last update: 2007-10-18 16:21    [W:0.020 / U:95.640 seconds]