    SubjectRe: [bug] ata subsystem related crash with latest -git
    On Thu, Oct 18 2007, David Miller wrote:
    > From: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
    > Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:57:02 +0200
    >
    > > Thanks a lot, Dave! The patch is a monster right now, I'll work on
    > > splitting it into a 3-step process. Any arch help is greatly
    > > appreciated.
    >
    > I have some other bits that my compile hit, such as some things in the
    > crypto layer.

    Yeah, I have tons of that so far. I hope to have an allyesconfig
    compiling pretty soonish, will send that out then.

    > But I hesitate to send them to you because I think the on-stack cases
    > need some helpers such that DEBUG_SG works for them.

    Indeed. I convert where appropriate, but I'm not anal about it. If they
    don't use sg_next() and/or for_each_sg() on their list, it should be ok.
    Don't want to make the changes more than necessary right now.

    > BTW, you missed a case in drivers/usb/core/message.c because of
    > the config used in your build. This thing below is a good
    > argument for trying to avoid HIGHMEM et al. ifdefs in drivers :-)

    Thanks :-)

    --
    Jens Axboe