    SubjectRe: error: Eeek! page_mapcount(page) went negative! (-1) with different process and kernels
    Date
    Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org> writes:

    > Dave> Many of these that I've seen have turned out to be a hardware
    > Dave> problem. Try running memtest86+ on that machine for a while.
    > Dave> It doesn't catch all problems, but it will highlight more
    > Dave> common memory faults.
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > We ran memtest86+ before production, it was about one month ago. Do you
    > think it could come from that anyway?

    I find that a lot of the time memtest does not reveal an error. Only
    when you combine multiple sources or on random access do you get
    errors. For example compiling a kernel while doing heavy I/O on the
    disk. But that might just be me. Errors are rather random occurances.

    Compiling a kernel repeadatly and multiple in parallel is usualy a
    good test. If it sometimes fails to compile then it is near certain a
    hardware error.

    MfG
    Goswin

      Last update: 2007-10-18 13:29    [W:0.027 / U:1.576 seconds]