    SubjectRe: Distinguishing releases from pre-rc snapshots
    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:22:43 -0400
    Pavel Roskin <> wrote:

    > I'm trying to keep some external drivers up to date with the kernel,
    > and the first two weeks after the release is the worst time for me.

    Consider this an incentive to submit your code for inclusion
    in the upstream kernel. Having all the common drivers integrated
    in the mainline kernel makes it much easier for users to use all
    their hardware, external drivers are not just a pain for the developers.

      Last update: 2007-10-17 04:45    [W:0.030 / U:2.796 seconds]