    SubjectRe: PCIe Hotplug: NFG unless I boot with card already inserted.
    On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:39:33 -0400
    Mark Lord <> wrote:

    > Another thing: if a card is already in the slot before pciehp is loaded
    > (under any circumstances), then pciehp does *not* see the card until I
    > unplug/replug it.

    One other thing to note here, the proper operation of hot plug dictates that
    if you boot your laptop with no adapter in the slot, you must first load
    the driver in order for the new adapter interrupt to be captured. So,
    if you insert a card without the driver loaded, it will not be enumerated
    by PCI until you remove it and the reinsert it.

      Last update: 2007-10-16 22:39    [W:0.027 / U:164.104 seconds]