SubjectRe: WANTED: kernel projects for CS students
On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 07:01:28PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
>The kernel newbies community often gets inquiries from CS students who
>need a project for their studies and would like to do something with
>the Linux kernel, but would also like their code to be useful to the
>community afterwards.
>
>In order to make it easier for them, I am trying to put together a
>page with projects that:
>- Are self contained enough that the students can implement the
> project by themselves, since that is often a university requirement.
>- Are self contained enough that Linux could merge the code (maybe
> with additional changes) after the student has been working on it
> for a few months.
>- Are large enough to qualify as a student project, luckily there is
> flexibility here since we get inquiries for anything from 6 week
> projects to 6 month projects.
>
>If you have ideas on what projects would be useful, please add them
>to this page (or email me):
>
>http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelProjects

Thanks very much, Rik. I need this eagerly.

I want to find a kernel project that can both be my graduation thesis
and contribute to the Linux kernel community. I read that page and
think your project--Swapout Clustering is interesting for me.
Is it alright for me to work on it? And can you give some help?

Thanks!

--
May the Source Be With You.