SubjectRe: Nvidia SATA - Seagate SATA Drives
Robert Hancock wrote:
> Jim Gifford wrote:
>> Robert Hancock wrote:

>>> You'll have to be more specific about "completely fails".. Also, it
>>> would be useful to get the dmesg output from dmesg directly and not
>>> from syslog, as the entries posted under the second link you gave
>>> were missing some critical information (it seems that syslog can do
>>> this in some cases..) In particular the line showing what command
>>> failed would be useful.
>> It never gets into the system at all, just locks up. The hard drive
>> starts clicking and eventually doesn't get recognized by BIOS.
>
> That doesn't sound like a kernel problem if it's not even recognized
> by the BIOS, there's nothing the kernel should be able to do that
> could cause that. Sounds more like a hardware issue. If the drive has
> been replaced before then it could be a power supply or temperature
> problem?
I thought that also, just tried a new power supply, same problem. I can
recreate this problem within minutes with a new drive. Got 2 more drives
left in this batch. Temperature is in the low range of the specs.

  Last update: 2007-10-10 17:53    [W:0.163 / U:0.796 seconds]