SubjectRe: checkpatch and kernel/sched.c

* Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> > > Yeah, it does that sometimes. I don't think it's fixable within the scope
> > > of checkpatch. It needs to check whether some preceding printk which might
> > > not even be in the patch has a \n:
> > >
> > > printk(KERN_ERR "foo");
> > > <100 lines of whatever>
> > > + printk("bar\n");
> > >
> > > we're screwed...
> > >

> > Isn't that broken on SMP (or with preemption) anyway?
>
> Yep. Or with interrupts...

not if it's a boot-time only debug check before SMP bringup. (as it is
in sched.c) We could make this intention explicit via a simple
raw_printk() wrapper to printk, which could be used without KERN_.

Ingo

  Last update: 2007-10-01 12:43    [W:0.042 / U:8.988 seconds]