SubjectRe: How git affects kernel.org performance
Jeff wrote:
> Something I just thought of: ATA and SCSI hard disks do their own
> read-ahead.

Probably this is wishful thinking on my part, but I would have hoped
that most of the read-ahead they did was for stuff that happened to be
on the cylinder they were reading anyway. So long as their read-ahead
doesn't cause much extra or delayed disk head motion, what does it
matter?

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability