SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.20-rc4
On 07 Jan 2007 22:04:02 +0100, Peter Osterlund <petero2@telia.com> wrote:
> Peter Osterlund <petero2@telia.com> writes:
>
> > Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org> writes:
> >
> > > Patrick McHardy (2):
> > > [NETFILTER]: New connection tracking is not EXPERIMENTAL anymore
> >
> > I get kernel panics when doing large ethernet transfers. A loop doing
>
> I also see an annoying side effect of this bug. When the panic
> happens, the caps lock LED starts to blink, and the kernel prints this
> on the console once every second (or more often, don't know exactly):
>
> printk(KERN_WARNING "atkbd.c: Spurious %s on %s. "
> "Some program might be trying access hardware directly.\n",
> data == ATKBD_RET_ACK ? "ACK" : "NAK", serio->phys);
>
> This makes the actual crash information disappear before you have a
> chance to read it.

I believe I have a fix for this in my tree. I even asked Linus to pull
from it but it is a good thing he did not as I need to revert one
patch to lifebook driver...

Linus, did you not pull because you considered changes to ads7848 and
a new driver gpio-keys unappropriate for this stage or you just missed
my request?

--
Dmitry