    SubjectRe: qconf: reproducible segfault
    On 1/5/07, Cyrill V. Gorcunov <gorcunov@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Friday 05 January 2007 00:16, you wrote:
    > | On 1/4/07, Cyrill V. Gorcunov <gorcunov@gmail.com> wrote:
    > | > Hi,
    > | > there is SIGSEGV happens in qconf.cc:995
    > | >
    > | > str += print_filter(sym->name);
    > | >
    > | > but sym points to 0x1. To reproduce the error just do:
    > | >
    > | > 1) make xconfig (with Options->Show Debug Info unchecked)
    > | > 2) go to Networking->Networking Options->Network packet filtering framework (Netfilter)->
    > | > Network packet filtering framework (Netfilter) and the line "<| .." must be selected
    > | > then just turn on Options->Show Debug info menu and you'll get:
    > | >
    > | > make[1]: *** [xconfig] Segmentation fault
    > | > make: *** [xconfig] Error 2
    > |
    > | Cyrill, Randy - I feel like an idiot but I can't really reproduce this :(
    > |
    > | I'm trimming lkml from the CC list to upload and attach two screenshots
    > | where I enabled Show Debug Info at what I guess are the two possible
    > | interpretations of where the Select highlight should be - and neither
    > | cause a core dump for me.
    > |
    > | What am I mistaking ?
    > |
    > | Thanks, ciao,

    > Hi Alessandro,
    >
    > see enveloped scrshot to keep in mind how the qconf is looking at moment we
    > get SYGSEGV error - you just need to set Options->Show Debug and oops ;)
    > I don't know may be QT dev version does handling such exceptions itself and if
    > SYGSEVG happens it just ignore it... But the qconf really have the error :(.

    That's ok, apparently FC6's qt-devel-3.3.7 libs are capable of
    handling the problem (I can bring qconf to the exact screen
    you showed, Options->Show Debug Info does _not_ crash).

    And of course it's better to fix the problem in qconf.cc rather
    than letting qt libs handle it :)

    Thanks,

    --alessandro

    "but I thought that I should let you know
    the things that I don't always show
    might not be worth the time it took"

    (Steve Wynn, 'If My Life Was An Open Book')

      Last update: 2007-01-05 22:31    [W:0.024 / U:29.744 seconds]