SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.20-rc6 - sky2 resume breakage
Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org> wrote:
>
>> Easy to name an example, as they are pretty generic. When sharing
>> irqs -- usually ATA is configured to PCI native (IO-APIC-fasteoi) --
>> any interrupt storm causes the other devices sharing that irq to crap
>> themselves (kernel turns off irq, suggests irqpoll, etc.)
>
> ok. Can you suggest any way for me to reproduce such a bug artificially
> on a test system? [i have both old and new systems, so if you can think
> of a way for me to trigger this i'd be happy to try]

Should be pretty easy. With either the old-IDE driver or libata,
complete a command without acknowledging an interrupt. For libata, that
means poking around in ata_host_intr() and avoiding well-built hardware
like AHCI. Anything that uses ata_piix driver, basically all Intel
machines, should be applicable in the "not well built" category... :)

Jeff

  Last update: 2007-01-31 16:31    [W:0.243 / U:1.268 seconds]