SubjectHow to locate struct file * from a bio?
Short question:  Is it possible to locate the struct file * associated
with a bio? If so, how?

Longer version: I am working on a project that requires measuring the
popularity of each file in a filesystem. I have made several attempts
to locate all the file reads by grepping for ->readpage() and
->readpages() calls, but I am still missing several file reads. I
have not yet looked for file writes.

I *have* been able to catch every bio access, which leads to my
question. Is it possible to locate the struct file * associated with
a bio? If so, how? Efficiency is not my primary issue right now.
I'm mainly concerned with it "just working."

Thanks in advance!

--

Eddie Pettis
Electrical and Computering Engineering