SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit
Date
> From: Theodore Tso
> Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel
> Subject: Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit
> Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:28:49 -0500

[]
> I did give you a response. Find a way to pay for 80+ kernel summit
> invitees to travel to India (preferably in business class :-), and
> we'll talk. That's not realistic? Well, then perhaps having the
> concept of holding Kernel Summit in India is not realistic.

Rather, than "business class ;-)", i whould like to see comments about
good quality video coverage of the KS, which (KS) is that, as you
described here:

> As Dirk has pointed out, the Kernel Summit is a little unusual
> compared to events such as FOSDEM or FISL, where there are 4000-5000
> attendees, and the emphasis is on the power of a large number of
> people in the OSS community. The Kernel Summit is a very different
> event, in that it is by-invitation with less than 100 people. The
> whole point is to get the top contributors together to be able to talk
> amongst themselves in a high bandwidth environment. You can't do that
> amongst a crowd of 800, never mind 2000 or 4000.

Even if dot.coms days are over and money aren't falling from skies
(growing on trees), this would be the best thing to do in first place.

Even for your memory, IMHO, as have read this thread below.

I wish you will care about this, wherever you will meet this time.

Thanks.

____

  Last update: 2007-01-30 10:13    [W:0.233 / U:0.312 seconds]