    SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit
    On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:30:25AM -0800, Randy Dunlap wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:16:21 +0100 Jes Sorensen wrote:
    > > James Bottomley wrote:
    > > >
    > > > The sad fact is that putting on a summit costs money. If the attendees
    > > > themselves don't pay then it has to come from somewhere. The current
    > > > funding mechanism is open for discussion, like the agenda ... what did
    > > > you have in mind?
    > >
    > > I don't have an issue with the fact there are sponsors, however I think
    > > KS is important enough and sponsors are aware of this, that selling
    > > seats to sponsors shouldn't be necessary.

    As one who regularly fills a sponsor slot (though I have also gotten
    an invitation on merit in the past), I don't believe the sponsor slot
    people detract from the sessions. Most of the time we keep quiet,
    occasionally offering our insights or challenges. Jonathan's writeups
    are fantastic, but it doesn't really compare with being there and
    participating in discussions, either hallway or main room. Besides
    consuming oxygen, what's the real concern here?

    Matt Domsch
    Software Architect
    Dell Linux Solutions &
    Linux on Dell mailing lists @

      Last update: 2007-01-31 01:55    [W:0.020 / U:25.148 seconds]