    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.20-rc6 - sky2 resume breakage

    * Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org> wrote:

    > Easy to name an example, as they are pretty generic. When sharing
    > irqs -- usually ATA is configured to PCI native (IO-APIC-fasteoi) --
    > any interrupt storm causes the other devices sharing that irq to crap
    > themselves (kernel turns off irq, suggests irqpoll, etc.)

    ok. Can you suggest any way for me to reproduce such a bug artificially
    on a test system? [i have both old and new systems, so if you can think
    of a way for me to trigger this i'd be happy to try]

    I /think/ my two patches should automatically avoid the 'cap themselves'
    effect you outlined: the absolutely worst case should be that we'll have
    twice the IRQ rate of the optimal one - but no irq storm nor lost
    interrupts should happen due to irq trigger type mismatches, ever - as
    long as the basic mapping of device to IRQ is correct. [ I tried to push
    to include this in v2.6.20 but i lost that argument ;-) ]

    Ingo

      Last update: 2007-01-30 09:13    [W:0.023 / U:60.460 seconds]