    SubjectRe: Free Linux Driver Development!
    > On another side, some PATA drivers are incomplete or missing.
    >
    > When we switch to PATA and drop old ide stack, what will happen ?
    > Will all driver be ported and full-feature, or some will be obsoleted ?

    At the moment unless anyone gets upset I expect to obsolete the CMD640
    but nothing else PCI. Can't comment on non x86 drivers and that may be up
    to port maintainers, and in part to polishing the core code to handle it
    better.

    Some vendors are trialling a libata switch in their upcoming
    distributions and the only barrier I expect to need some quick fixing is
    the HPA support.

    Alan

      Last update: 2007-01-30 23:55    [W:4.144 / U:0.980 seconds]