    SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit
    On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 10:30 +0000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
    > On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:34:21PM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
    > > It might be worth putting together a list of do's and don'ts for the
    > > CPU architects if we have a panel again this year (and its usually
    > > a fairly popular session, so I'd be surprised if it got dropped).
    > > something along the lines of
    > Count my vote for dropping the cpu panels session. It's been far
    > too marketing oriented, and all of the companies have far more interesting
    > meetings of their own where thos caring about a particular architecture
    > (and that includes much more than just the cpu!) can have usefull discussions.

    Well, OK, but the next question is that is some form of panel of
    outsiders still a useful feature?

    Previous panels we've done have been:

    * Device Drivers - Inputs from vendors trying to get code into the
    kernel. I had feedback that this was reasonably useful; the
    problem is that it tends to be composed of vendors already
    making a big effort on the open source process and not the ones
    (like graphics) who aren't.
    * Customer Panel - inputs from various users deploying linux in
    their enterprises. This did tend to degenerate quickly to a
    list of requirements.

    The one everyone seems to want is chipsets, so is this the one we want
    to shoot for this year?

      Last update: 2007-01-30 17:51    [W:0.027 / U:21.508 seconds]