SubjectRe: bug reading /proc/sys/kernel/*: only first byte read.
Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> However as far as I can tell the code has this limitation
> deliberately for simplicity.
> Getting the string side of this fixed even by itself is
> worthwhile, although it might be worth teach people
> about sys_uname and /bin/uname. It seems is the biggest thing
> people look at /proc/sys/ for...

I come across this very issue when I discovered another bug,
using un-initialized pipefs structures during early hotplug
calls. I know about /bin/uname, but it requires a pipe, so
wont work. Obvious alternative is /proc/sys/version, which
is alot faster too (no fork+exec overhead).