SubjectRe: Free Linux Driver Development!
Date
* Greg KH:

> Yes, that's right, the Linux kernel community is offering all companies
> free Linux driver development. No longer do you have to suffer through
> all of the different examples in the Linux Device Driver Kit, or pick
> through the thousands of example drivers in the Linux kernel source
> tree trying to determine which one is the closest to what you need to
> do.

Very nice spin indeed.

This reminds of the the utterly broken dl2k network driver (which has
got interrupt handling problems and doesn't properly synchronize with
DMA transfers, IIRC). Hardware specs are available, and I guess I
could even provide a hardware sample, maybe even two. (If the
community provides driver support, it shouldn't matter if the vendor
actually supports development.)

  Last update: 2007-01-30 15:09    [W:0.327 / U:0.116 seconds]