    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] System Inactivity Monitor v1.0
    > > The /proc/bus/input/devices has an extensible structure. You can just
    > > add an "A:" line (for Activity) instead of adding a new proc file.
    > >
    > > I know, but IMO there is too much stuff to parse in there. Activity counters
    > > are frequently accessed by daemons, and four or five concurrent daemons are the
    > > norm in a typical X11 linux box...
    > Syscalls are fast enough, and the file is _very_ easy (=> fast) to parse.
    > > Also, the activity counters should IMO coincide with the event times
    > > passed through /dev/input/event, and should not be jiffies based.
    > > Ideally, both should be based on clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC).
    > >
    > > In evdev.c do_gettimeofday() is used. Anyway I just need of a monotonic
    > > counter, so get_jiffies_64() wouldn't be better? It isn't affected by wrapping
    > > issues and it is probably faster than do_gtod().
    > Just use same time source rest of inputs already do...
    > OK, but what about the time-warp problem?. To fix it I need to know when the
    > system goes to sleep/resumes. In SIN I've solved via the platform driver,
    > introducing suspend() resume() callbacks...

    input drivers will already have suspend() resume() callbacks... could
    you reuse those?

    ...hmm, I see no easy place where to hook these. You could reuse your
    platform device trick, I guess... but maybe there's a better way?

    Vojtech, do we have some "global" hooks for input suspend/resume? This
    code is global to all the devices, but still needs to know about

    Or we could create notifier list, where interested parties would be
    informed of suspend/resume...
    (cesky, pictures)

      Last update: 2007-01-30 01:07    [W:0.022 / U:55.160 seconds]