    SubjectRe: Strange
    Alistair John Strachan wrote:
    >> I knew of course about libdvdcss but I've never noticed before that the
    >> kernel issues these error messages to the syslog.
    >>
    > If you've replaced the drive, the decss keys might have changed for inserted
    > media (this is especially true if your old drive had a different region
    > setting).

    Yes,... but as I've just told Alan,... it happens even when just
    mounting (an not using libdvdcss at all).

    > First set the DVD region on the drive to where you are (probably 2),
    > using "regionset".
    That was already done (by factory I assume):
    # regionset /dev/hdb
    regionset version 0.1 -- reads/sets region code on DVD drives
    Current Region Code settings:
    RPC Phase: II
    type: SET
    vendor resets available: 4
    user controlled changes resets available: 4
    drive plays discs from region(s): 2, mask=0xFD

    Would you like to change the region setting of your drive? [y/n]:n

    > Then rm -rf ~/.dvdcss and restart your video playing
    > application. It should rescan the dvd, figure out the keys, no error
    > messages.

    Playing just works normal (even without recreation of the dvdcss cache)
    it's just the syslog message when mounting that makes me nervous ;)

    Thanks,
    Chris.
    begin:vcard
    fn:Mitterer, Christoph Anton
    n:Mitterer;Christoph Anton
    email;internet:calestyo@scientia.net
    x-mozilla-html:TRUE
    version:2.1
    end:vcard

      Last update: 2007-01-24 14:43    [W:0.022 / U:0.280 seconds]