SubjectRe: [patch 00/46] High resolution timer / dynamic tick update

* Daniel Walker <dwalker@mvista.com> wrote:

> > you are also misunderstanding the change. While the TSC is the only
> > unstable clocksource right now, the previous code tied the TSC to
> > the >pm-timer< clocksource. This change makes it generic, hence the
> > TSC can be verified by a hpet-only system (no pm-timer) as well.
> > Systems without a pm-timer and with a TSC are quite common. So it
> > solves a real problem.
>
> Using my patch set a TSC specific watchdog could be created that isn't
> tied a another specific clock. [...]

in other words: Thomas was right with his approach and your criticism
against the generic code was unjustified. (I agree with the other points
of Thomas as well, so i'm going with his patchset for now.)

Ingo

  Last update: 2007-01-24 21:37    [W:0.224 / U:0.040 seconds]