    SubjectRe: Probably wrong place to ask
    On Friday 19 January 2007 14:57, Gene Heskett wrote:
    >Greetings all;
    >I have a card reader plugged into a usb port. I recognizes a 512meg pny
    >cf card just fine, but wwhen I plug in a 256meg Lexar cf, the led comes
    >on, but there is no reaction from linux. /dev/sda is not created,
    >Is this a kernel config problem, or is this particular cf known to be a
    >bad bird?

    Ignore me, I opened the second one I'd bought at the same time and it
    worked as expected. Bad card in the blisterpack.

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author) and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
    message by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2007-01-20 00:21    [W:0.020 / U:0.276 seconds]