SubjectRe: data corruption with nvidia chipsets and IDE/SATA drives // memory hole mapping related bug?!
Hi.

Some days ago I received the following message from "Sunny Days". I
think he did not send it lkml so I forward it now:

Sunny Days wrote:
> hello,
>
> i have done some extensive testing on this.
>
> various opterons, always single socket
> various dimms 1 and 2gb modules
> and hitachi+seagate disks with various firmwares and sizes
> but i am getting a diferent pattern in the corruption.
> My test file was 10gb.
>
> I have mapped the earliest corruption as low as 10mb in the written data.
> i have also monitor the adress range used from the cp /md5sum proccess
> under /proc//$PID/maps to see if i could find a pattern but i was
> unable to.
>
> i also tested ext2 and lvm with similar results aka corruption.
> later on the week i should get a pci promise controller and test on that one.
>
> Things i have not tested is the patch that linus released 10 days ago
> and reiserfs3/4
>
> my nvidia chipset was ck804 (a3)
>
> Hope somehow we get to the bottom of this.
>
> Hope this helps
>

> btw amd erratas that could possible influence this are
>
> 115, 123, 156 with the latter been fascinating as it the workaround
> suggested is 0x0 page entry.

Does anyone has any opinions about this? Could you please read the
mentioned erratas and tell me what you think?

Best wishes,
Chris.

@ Sunny Days: Thanks for you mail.
begin:vcard
fn:Mitterer, Christoph Anton
n:Mitterer;Christoph Anton
email;internet:calestyo@scientia.net
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
end:vcard

  Last update: 2007-01-16 00:15    [W:0.073 / U:0.208 seconds]