    SubjectRe: ahci_softreset prevents acpi_power_off
    Date
    14 Oca 2007 Paz 05:18 tarihinde şunları yazmıştınız:
    >> [...]
    > > Since you're getting to this point I think this has to be some kind of
    > > BIOS interaction causing this. The only thing that happens after the
    > > "Entering sleep state" is that the kernel writes to some ACPI registers
    > > to tell the hardware to power down. I think some laptop BIOSes do things
    > > on ACPI power down like try to park the drive heads, etc. and maybe this
    > > change that you found from git bisecting is somehow interfering with it
    > > doing this?
    > >
    > > Might want to check for a BIOS update first of all..
    >
    > It would be interesting to try -mm, which includes ACPI support for ATA...

    With the same .config used and with CONFIG_SATA_ACPI defined as default
    in 2.6.20-rc4-mm1 the machine did not poweroff again.

    > Jeff

    Regards,
    - Faik

      Last update: 2007-01-14 19:31    [W:0.021 / U:31.696 seconds]