SubjectRe: [RFC] How to (automatically) find the correct maintainer(s)
Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
> Richard Knutsson wrote:
>

>> Any thoughts on this is very much appreciated (is there any flaws with
>> this?).
>>

> The thought that crossed my mind was:
>
> Why not do the same thing that was done to the "Help"-file. (Before it
> was superseded by Kconfig).
>
> Originaly there was a central Help-file, with all the texts. Then it was
> split and placed in each sub-dir. And later it was superseded by Kconfig.
>
> On the other hand you could skip the intermediate step and just fold the
> Maintainer-data directly into Kconfig, that way everything is "in one
> place" and you could place a "Maintainers"-Button next to the
> "Help"-Button in *config, or just display it alongside the help.
>
> And MAYBE that would also lessen the "update-to-date"-problem, as you
> can just write the MAINTAINERs-data when you create/update the
> Kconfig-file. Which is a thing that creates much bigger pain when you
> forget it accidently. ;-)
>
> Oh, and it neadly solves the mapping-problem, for at least all
> kernel-parts that have a Kconfig-option/Sub-Tree.

I'm all for splitting up the MAINTAINERS! :)

Just, do you have any ideas how to solve the possible multiple of the
same entries, when handling multiple sub-directories and when many
different drivers with different maintainers are in the same directory
and a maintainer have more then one driver?

  Last update: 2007-01-14 01:09    [W:0.069 / U:0.024 seconds]