SubjectWhat's in git.git and announcing GIT v1.5.0-rc1
Date
The tip of 'master' branch is tagged as v1.5.0-rc1; this means a
few things:

- The focus is shifted to stabilize 'master'. Fixes to what
are already there are very much appreciated.

- I'll change my $PATH to use the 'master' version, not 'next',
for my own use until v1.5.0 final. I ask people who usually
follow 'next' to do the same so that we can catch breakages
on 'master'.

- No new features nor major changes, whether they have been
cooking in 'next' or not, will be merged to 'master' until
v1.5.0 final. I might drop patches on the floor that are not
meant for 'master', although I intend to try hard to keep up
with whatever the list comes up with.

Tonight's update merges a handful remaining topics from 'next',
along with fixes and updates directly applied to 'master'.

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement.

Alex Riesen (1):
Speed-up recursive by flushing index only once for all entries

Eric Wong (1):
Avoid errors and warnings when attempting to do I/O on zero bytes

Johannes Schindelin (2):
Sanitize for_each_reflog_ent()
Fix t1410 for core.filemode==false

Junio C Hamano (20):
Move initialization of log_all_ref_updates
Introduce is_bare_repository() and core.bare configuration variable
git-fetch: allow updating the current branch in a bare repository.
git-status: show detached HEAD
Detached HEAD (experimental)
git-checkout: do not warn detaching HEAD when it is already detached.
git-checkout: rewording comments regarding detached HEAD.
git-checkout: safety when coming back from the detached HEAD state.
git-checkout: fix branch name output from the command
git-checkout: safety check for detached HEAD checks existing refs
git-checkout: handle local changes sanely when detaching HEAD
Makefile: remove $foo when $foo.exe is built/installed.
merge-recursive: do not use on-file index when not needed.
Document git-init
index-pack: write-or-die instead of unchecked write-in-full.
config-set: check write-in-full returns in set_multivar
git-rm: do not fail on already removed file.
git-status: wording update to deal with deleted files.
plug a few leaks in revision walking used in describe.
GIT v1.5.0-rc1

Jürgen Rühle (2):
send-email: work around double encoding of in-body From field.
Provide better feedback for the untracked only case in status output

Lars Hjemli (1):
git-branch: show detached HEAD

Linus Torvalds (3):
write-cache: do not leak the serialized cache-tree data.
write_in_full: really write in full or return error on disk full.
Better error messages for corrupt databases

Nicolas Pitre (1):
Add git-init documentation.

Shawn O. Pearce (4):
Don't save the commit buffer in git-describe.
Make git-describe a builtin.
Disallow working directory commands in a bare repository.
Chose better tag names in git-describe after merges.

  Last update: 2007-01-12 04:35    [W:0.033 / U:0.280 seconds]