SubjectRe: mprotect abuse in slim
Quoting Pekka J Enberg (penberg@cs.helsinki.fi):
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> > Whatever happened with Pekka's revoke submissions? Did you lose
> > interest after
> > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/penberg/patches/revoke/2.6.19-rc1/revoke-2.6.19-rc1,
> > or was it decided that the approach was unworkable?
>
> Lack of time.

Ok great - then it's not dead :)

> Also, I would love to hear comments on the way I am doing
> revoke on shared mappings. There are few open issues remaining, mainly,
> supporting munmap(2) for revoked mappings.

Hmm, I wanted to test your revoke-munmap.c to see what you get right now
with munmap, but a quick port of your patch to yesterdays -git on s390
gives me an oops on do_revoke. I'll have to straighten that out when I
get a chance.

But since it looks like you just munmap the region now, shouldn't a
subsequent munmap by the app just return -EINVAL? that seems appropriate
to me.

thanks,
-serge

  Last update: 2007-01-10 17:43    [W:0.064 / U:2.044 seconds]