SubjectRe: [RFC] e-mail clients
Date
On Friday 08 September 2006 15:18, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 08 September 2006 08:54, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> >>
> >> I personally use both 'pine' and 'kmail' and they both work perfectly
> >> for sending patches.
> >
> >With kmail, you have control over line breaks with Option -> Wrap lines,
> >which is useful for e.g. pasted syslog data, but remember to enable it
> >before writing the message, since you have to manually add line breaks
> >for the entered text too.
> >
> >Inlined patches should be added via Message -> Insert File to preserve
> >line breaks and white space.
>
> But be sure and turn word wrapping off before inserting the file, or
> pasting (usually bad I might add). And my version of kmail wraps the
> whole document if the wrapping is turned back on, as it is now. Which
> makes it rather frustrating.

To workaround this, I first type the message with wordwrapping on, then close
the message window and let it save the message to Drafts. Then repoen the
message from Drafts, turn off wordwrap and insert the patch using
Message->Insert File. It's not great but still better than Thunderbird.

--
Ondrej Zary