    SubjectRe: [RFC] e-mail clients
    On Friday 08 September 2006 08:54, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
    >Am Freitag, 8. September 2006 10:24 schrieb Jesper Juhl:
    >> On 08/09/06, Victor Hugo <victor@vhugo.net> wrote:
    >> > As I've learned--most web-clients have a hard time sending text
    >> > only e-mail without
    >> > wrapping every single line (not very good for patches). Any
    >> > suggestions about which client to use on lkml?? Pine?? Mutt??
    >> > Thunderbird?? Telnet??
    >>
    >> I personally use both 'pine' and 'kmail' and they both work perfectly
    >> for sending patches.
    >
    >With kmail, you have control over line breaks with Option -> Wrap lines,
    >which is useful for e.g. pasted syslog data, but remember to enable it
    >before writing the message, since you have to manually add line breaks
    >for the entered text too.
    >
    >Inlined patches should be added via Message -> Insert File to preserve
    >line breaks and white space.

    But be sure and turn word wrapping off before inserting the file, or
    pasting (usually bad I might add). And my version of kmail wraps the
    whole document if the wrapping is turned back on, as it is now. Which
    makes it rather frustrating.

    >Pete
    >-
    >To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
    > in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    message by Gene Heskett are: