    SubjectRe: Wrong free space reported for XFS filesystem
    On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 04:17:53PM +0200, Jesper Juhl wrote:
    > On 07/09/06, David Chinner <> wrote:
    > >On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 10:54:34AM +0200, Jesper Juhl wrote:
    > >> For your information;
    > >>
    > >> I've been running a bunch of benchmarks on a 250GB XFS filesystem.
    > >> After the benchmarks had run for a few hours and almost filled up the
    > >> fs, I removed all the files and did a "df -h" with interresting
    > >> results :
    > >So the in-core accounting has underflowed by a small amount but the
    > >on disk accounting is correct.
    > >
    > >We've had a few reports of this that I know of over the past
    > >couple of years, but we've never managed to find a reproducable
    > >test case for it.
    > >Can you describe what benchmark you were runnin, wht kernel you were
    > >using
    > The kernel is 2.6.18-rc6 SMP

    Ok, so it's a current problem....

    > >and whether any of the tests hit an ENOSPC condition?
    > >
    > That I don't know.
    > The script I was running is this one :

    That doesn't really narrow down the scope at all. All that script
    tells me is that problem is <waves hands> somewhere inside XFS.... :/
    Can you try to isolate which of the loads is causing the problem?

    That being said, this looks like a good stress load - I'll pass it
    onto our QA folks...

    Dave Chinner
    Principal Engineer
    SGI Australian Software Group

      Last update: 2006-09-08 04:37    [W:0.022 / U:32.772 seconds]