    SubjectRE: bogofilter ate 3/5
    Date
    From: Chase Venters [mailto:chase.venters@clientec.com]
    > highly ironic that spam blocker services tell you not to use certain
    > techniques (autoresponders, bounce messages) that are not only
    > commonplace, but precedented and even mandated by RFC on the
    > grounds that
    > they may cause you to be blocked. Then they move on to
    > criticize anti-spam
    > techniques that fall in these domains with one of their
    > subpoints saying
    > 'they can cause you to miss legitimate mail!'
    >
    > Guess what: so does indiscriminately blocking people whose
    > sites don't bow
    > down to your unreasonable demands, especially when their
    > behavior (say,
    > sending bounce messages) is described in the official protocol
    > documentation.

    I will assume you are referring to SpamCop. Their service does not
    behave the way you think it does:
    http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=whatis
    Read the paragraph: "SpamCop works exactly like the credit reporting
    agencies..."

    ..Stu

      Last update: 2006-09-07 19:39    [W:5.505 / U:0.000 seconds]