SubjectRe: 2.6.18-rc5-mm1 + all hotfixes -- INFO: possible recursive locking detected
On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 22:19:51 +0200
Stefan Richter <> wrote:

> One tool to make this a little bit easier is quilt. This should be
> available as a package for most distributions. I haven't tried it myself
> yet, but akpm's "broken-out" patch distribution can be manipulated by
> quilt.

Each -mm announcement contains the following text:

:- If you hit a bug in -mm and it is not obvious which patch caused it, it is
: most valuable if you can perform a bisection search to identify which patch
: introduced the bug. Instructions for this process are at
: But beware that this process takes some time (around ten rebuilds and
: reboots), so consider reporting the bug first and if we cannot immediately
: identify the faulty patch, then perform the bisection search.