    SubjectRe: 2.6.18-rc5-mm1 + all hotfixes -- INFO: possible recursive locking detected
    On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 22:19:51 +0200
    Stefan Richter <> wrote:

    > One tool to make this a little bit easier is quilt. This should be
    > available as a package for most distributions. I haven't tried it myself
    > yet, but akpm's "broken-out" patch distribution can be manipulated by
    > quilt.

    Each -mm announcement contains the following text:

    :- If you hit a bug in -mm and it is not obvious which patch caused it, it is
    : most valuable if you can perform a bisection search to identify which patch
    : introduced the bug. Instructions for this process are at
    : But beware that this process takes some time (around ten rebuilds and
    : reboots), so consider reporting the bug first and if we cannot immediately
    : identify the faulty patch, then perform the bisection search.

      Last update: 2006-09-05 22:35    [W:0.871 / U:19.444 seconds]