    SubjectRE: The GPL: No shelter for the Linux kernel?

    > Now that you raise it: I think developers can already have done that
    > if they wish - properly name author and conditions who may possibly
    > change the license to what. Not that I have seen such code yet, but you
    > never know.
    > Jan Engelhardt

    That's true. Nothing prevents a kernel contributor from including with his
    code an offer to license that same code under different conditions. However,
    the more I think about Linus' point, the more I realize how hard it is to
    write such an offer that wouldn't be likely to do more harm than good.

      Last update: 2006-09-23 19:43    [W:0.026 / U:11.824 seconds]