SubjectRE: The GPL: No shelter for the Linux kernel?

> Now that you raise it: I think developers can already have done that
> if they wish - properly name author and conditions who may possibly
> change the license to what. Not that I have seen such code yet, but you
> never know.
> Jan Engelhardt

That's true. Nothing prevents a kernel contributor from including with his
code an offer to license that same code under different conditions. However,
the more I think about Linus' point, the more I realize how hard it is to
write such an offer that wouldn't be likely to do more harm than good.

  Last update: 2006-09-23 19:43    [W:0.250 / U:0.928 seconds]