    SubjectRE: The GPL: No shelter for the Linux kernel?
    Date

    > Now that you raise it: I think developers can already have done that
    > if they wish - properly name author and conditions who may possibly
    > change the license to what. Not that I have seen such code yet, but you
    > never know.
    >
    > Jan Engelhardt

    That's true. Nothing prevents a kernel contributor from including with his
    code an offer to license that same code under different conditions. However,
    the more I think about Linus' point, the more I realize how hard it is to
    write such an offer that wouldn't be likely to do more harm than good.

    DS

      Last update: 2006-09-23 19:43    [W:0.022 / U:29.788 seconds]