SubjectRe: GPLv3 Position Statement
On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 13:59 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> James, I'm most definitely NOT a kernel developer, just a lurker who
> occasionally exhibits his lack of knowledge with (usually) dumb questions.
>
> But, while I can't say the above any better than you have, I do have one
> question:
>
> Why is the FSF and RMS not included in the Cc: line of all messages on this
> subject, so they can have first hand, the benefit of the remarks this
> group makes by reading about them from the first person? You folks are,
> as a group, the movers and shakers in the advancement of linux, and would
> continue to do so without the gnu trying to claim they invented linux,
> which we all know is a prevarication.

Basically because this is a discussion document, not an open letter.

We had some discussion amongst a small group of kernel developers. Now
we're opening it up to the linux community---which we can't do without
effectively going public as well.

James

  Last update: 2006-09-22 20:11    [W:0.277 / U:11.960 seconds]