    SubjectRe: 2.6.18-rt1
    On Sep 21 2006, at 10:04, Ingo Molnar was caught saying:
    > * Deepak Saxena <> wrote:
    > > I am seeing an intermittent lock up on the ARM Versatile board during
    > > the ALSA driver init that only shows up with (PREEMPT_RT &
    > > !HIGH_RES_TIMERS & ARM_EABI) enabled. If HRT is disabled and EABI is
    > > enabled, the kernel works every time, and same with !RT & !HRT & EABI.
    > > I get no oops, just a complete lock up with no console output.
    > does enabling LOCKDEP give you any better info? (It might not make a
    > difference on the bootup that locks, but maybe you'll get a lockdep clue
    > about the problem in one of the successful bootups.)

    This is with LOCKDEP enabled. I'll look at this more tommorrow but
    I think next steps for me are printks to see if I can pinpoint the
    issue and possibly looking at the assembly to see if there's an obvious
    compiler issue.

    Deepak Saxena - -

    "An open heart has no possessions, only experiences" - Matt Bibbeau

      Last update: 2006-09-21 10:29    [W:0.040 / U:42.964 seconds]