SubjectRe: [ckrm-tech] [patch00/05]: Containers(V2)- Introduction
On 9/20/06, Paul Jackson <> wrote:
> Chandra wrote:
> > AFAICS, That doesn't help me in over committing resources.
> I agree - I don't think cpusets plus fake numa ... handles over commit.
> You might could hack up a cheap substitute, but it wouldn't do the job.

I have some patches locally that basically let you give out a small
set of nodes initially to a cpuset, and if memory pressure in
try_to_free_pages() passes a specified threshold, automatically
allocate one of the parent cpuset's unused memory nodes to the child
cpuset, up to specified limit. It's a bit ugly, but lets you trade of
performance vs memory footprint on a per-job basis (when combined with
fake numa to give lots of small nodes).