    SubjectRe: [ckrm-tech] [patch00/05]: Containers(V2)- Introduction
    On 9/20/06, Paul Jackson <pj@sgi.com> wrote:
    > Chandra wrote:
    > > AFAICS, That doesn't help me in over committing resources.
    >
    > I agree - I don't think cpusets plus fake numa ... handles over commit.
    > You might could hack up a cheap substitute, but it wouldn't do the job.

    I have some patches locally that basically let you give out a small
    set of nodes initially to a cpuset, and if memory pressure in
    try_to_free_pages() passes a specified threshold, automatically
    allocate one of the parent cpuset's unused memory nodes to the child
    cpuset, up to specified limit. It's a bit ugly, but lets you trade of
    performance vs memory footprint on a per-job basis (when combined with
    fake numa to give lots of small nodes).

    Paul

      Last update: 2006-09-21 02:45    [W:0.022 / U:0.464 seconds]