    SubjectRe: thinkpad 360Cs keyboard problem
    Date
    On Tuesday 12 September 2006 17:21, Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

    > >>  with prink enabled it prints series of 'unknown scancode'
    > >>  and keys are randomly messed up, and it changes, so like pressing b
    > >>  results with n, then space, then nothing at all.
    > >>  after some tries keyboard locks up completely.
    > >>

    > > Are you loading a custom keymap by any chance? Could I please see
    > > dmesg with "i8042.debug log_buf_len=131072"?
    >
    > no custom keymaps . init=/bin/bash :d
    > uhm, i don't get what you mean by this dmesg syntax :o

    These were kernel boot options. If you let the system boot normally
    so that syslog is running I'd expect debug messages end somewhere
    (like in /var/log/messages) so you could reboot and send me that file.

    > i should probably attach serial conole and send you whole output,
    > as now (as keyboard is unuseable) i can't scroll screen.
    >
    > btw. serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
    > is found.
    > also
    > input: AT Raw Set 2 keyboard as /class/input/input1
    > is reported

    It could be that it lies about being in raw mode and actually is in
    translated mode.

    --
    Dmitry