SubjectRe: [RFC] OLPC tablet input driver, take three.
On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 03:10:06PM -0400, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On 9/11/06, Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@aehallh.com> wrote:
> >
> >4: Technical: I've not implemented the KCONFIG option for this driver
> >yet, it's on my todo list, but for after we get the sample rate stuff
> >figured out.
> >

> >That said, here the patch, it seems to work, and it's time to at least
> >get into the OLPC kernel tree, if not mainline.
> >

> Zephaniah,
>
> What are the chances that commodity hardware will have OLPC device
> present? If there are none (or extremely slim) I think we'd better
> wait for Kconfig option to be implemented before adding this to
> mainline because psmouse is already too fat.

Extremely slim, the current generation of samples are 3.3V units instead
of 5V units.

When I go in and do this, would it make sense to split out most of the
external to psmouse-base.c drivers to be options, most tied to being on
unless CONFIG_EMBEDDED is enabled?

Zephaniah E. Hull.

> Otherwise it looks good.
>
> --
> Dmitry
> -

1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@aehallh.com>
92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D 5727 4453 008B E65A 7801