SubjectRe: ALSA problems with 2.6.18-rc3
On Wednesday 09 August 2006 16:57, Lee Revell wrote:
>On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 16:51 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Wednesday 09 August 2006 16:41, Lee Revell wrote:
>> [...]
>> >
>> >Distros should probably be using this as a default. Otherwise, simply
>> >adding a new mixer control will cause restoring mixer settings to
>> > fail.
>> >
>> >Lee
>> I already have the 'alsactl restore' in my rc.local. Would there be
>> any harm in just adding the -F to that invocation, or will that just
>> restore it to a 'default' condition always. Seems like it would,
>> canceling anything you have done & then did an 'alsactl store' to
>> save..
>That's what I was suggesting - just add -F to the alsactl restore in
>your init script. It won't restore it to a default state - the only
>difference is that it will do a better job restoring your mixer state if
>new controls are added by a driver update.
>alsactl --help:
> -F,--force try to restore the matching controls as much as

Great, Lee, thanks. That also gave me a good excuse to expand the
operating $PATH for rc.local, recent heyu changes seem to have killed my
restoration of the config that existed after cron made the last change in

Cheers, Gene
stupid bounce rules. I do use spamassassin too. :-) and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
message by Gene Heskett are: