    SubjectRe: ALSA problems with 2.6.18-rc3
    On Wednesday 09 August 2006 16:57, Lee Revell wrote:
    >On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 16:51 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
    >> On Wednesday 09 August 2006 16:41, Lee Revell wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> >
    >> >Distros should probably be using this as a default. Otherwise, simply
    >> >adding a new mixer control will cause restoring mixer settings to
    >> > fail.
    >> >
    >> >Lee
    >> I already have the 'alsactl restore' in my rc.local. Would there be
    >> any harm in just adding the -F to that invocation, or will that just
    >> restore it to a 'default' condition always. Seems like it would,
    >> canceling anything you have done & then did an 'alsactl store' to
    >> save..
    >That's what I was suggesting - just add -F to the alsactl restore in
    >your init script. It won't restore it to a default state - the only
    >difference is that it will do a better job restoring your mixer state if
    >new controls are added by a driver update.
    >alsactl --help:
    > -F,--force try to restore the matching controls as much as

    Great, Lee, thanks. That also gave me a good excuse to expand the
    operating $PATH for rc.local, recent heyu changes seem to have killed my
    restoration of the config that existed after cron made the last change in

    Cheers, Gene
    stupid bounce rules. I do use spamassassin too. :-) and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
    message by Gene Heskett are:

      Last update: 2006-08-10 03:49    [W:0.024 / U:6.916 seconds]