    SubjectRe: swsusp and suspend2 like to overheat my laptop

    On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Nigel Cunningham wrote:

    > The problem will be ACPI related, not particular to swsusp or Suspend2, which
    > is why you're seeing it with both implementations. I would suggest that you
    > contact the ACPI guys, and also look to see whether there is a bios update
    > available and/or a DSDT override for your machine. The later will help if the
    > problem is with your particular machine's ACPI support, the former if it's a
    > more general ACPI issue.

    Thanks for the response Nigel,

    There does exist a recent bios update for this machine:

    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-58127

    Hmm, it requires windows, and I've already wiped out that partition. I
    did a search but it seems really scary to update the BIOS via Linux.

    Anyone else out there have a Thinkpad G41 and has successfully upgraded
    their BIOS?

    Thanks,

    -- Steve

      Last update: 2006-08-09 01:35    [W:0.020 / U:120.256 seconds]