SubjectRe: swsusp and suspend2 like to overheat my laptop

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Nigel Cunningham wrote:

> The problem will be ACPI related, not particular to swsusp or Suspend2, which
> is why you're seeing it with both implementations. I would suggest that you
> contact the ACPI guys, and also look to see whether there is a bios update
> available and/or a DSDT override for your machine. The later will help if the
> problem is with your particular machine's ACPI support, the former if it's a
> more general ACPI issue.

Thanks for the response Nigel,

There does exist a recent bios update for this machine:

Hmm, it requires windows, and I've already wiped out that partition. I
did a search but it seems really scary to update the BIOS via Linux.

Anyone else out there have a Thinkpad G41 and has successfully upgraded
their BIOS?

-- Steve

  Last update: 2006-08-09 01:35    [W:0.180 / U:2.856 seconds]