SubjectRe: swsusp and suspend2 like to overheat my laptop

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Nigel Cunningham wrote:

> The problem will be ACPI related, not particular to swsusp or Suspend2, which
> is why you're seeing it with both implementations. I would suggest that you
> contact the ACPI guys, and also look to see whether there is a bios update
> available and/or a DSDT override for your machine. The later will help if the
> problem is with your particular machine's ACPI support, the former if it's a
> more general ACPI issue.

Thanks for the response Nigel,

There does exist a recent bios update for this machine:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-58127

Hmm, it requires windows, and I've already wiped out that partition. I
did a search but it seems really scary to update the BIOS via Linux.

Anyone else out there have a Thinkpad G41 and has successfully upgraded
their BIOS?

Thanks,

-- Steve

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans