    SubjectRe: Time to forbid non-subscribers from posting to the list?
    On Tuesday 08 August 2006 13:47, Alexey Zaytsev wrote:
    > On 08 Aug 2006 13:23:50 +0200, Andi Kleen <> wrote:
    > > "Alexey Zaytsev" <> writes:
    > >
    > > > Hello, list.
    > > >
    > > > What are the objections to makeing lkml and other lists at vget
    > > > subscribers-only?
    > >
    > > You would make bug reports impossible from normal people who
    > > don't want to subscribe fully. It would totally wreck the
    > > development model.
    > If they don't want to subscribe, they can just report to the list as
    > usual, theyr mail will be only slightly delayed because of moderation.
    > We could even use some sort of white lists, if a user's mail was once
    > approved, all his further mail will be accepthed without moderation.

    That would apply to all of my email - and I send a lot. I'm not actually
    subscribed but read it through a newsgroup.

    Also I don't think it's practical because of the volume and the turnaround
    time and there isn't really that much spam on l-k anyways.

      Last update: 2006-08-08 14:05    [W:0.019 / U:16.572 seconds]