    SubjectRe: Univeral Protocol Driver (using UNDI) in Linux

    > > I'm sure having a single driver for all the NICs is a feature cool
    > > enough to die for. Yes, it might have drawbacks like just pointed out
    > > by Peter, but surely a "single driver for all NIC" feature could prove
    > > to be great in some systems.
    > >
    > Assuming it works, which is questionable in my opinion.
    > > But since it does not already exist in the kernel, there must be some
    > > technical feasibility isse. Any ideas on this?
    > No, that's not the reason. The Intel code was ugly, and the limitations
    > made other people not want to spend any time hacking on it.

    Hi ... so there seem to be no technical feasibily issues, just
    reliabliy / ugly design issues? So one can still go ahead and write a
    Universal Protocol Driver that can work with all (PXE compatible)

    Are there any issues related to real mode / protected mode?

      Last update: 2006-08-08 07:15    [W:0.021 / U:41.020 seconds]